Wednesday 10 September 2008

Live from AHM 2008

Everyone else is blogging about the LHC so I thought I would do something completely different! I'm currently in the Infrastructure Provision for Grids, Infrastructure for Users workshop organised by myself and Andrew Richards. This is only due to the world not coming to an end as thought by many people.

We've had some really good talks including one on the Genius project which uses NGS resources. The project was also featured in New Scientist this week. Kudos to the New Scientist for getting our name right unlike The Economist!

The NGS stand has had a steady stream of visitors but of course we'd like to see more of you! We still have lots of demos today and one tomorrow as well. You can also pick up a grid certificate at the stand.

Tonight is the conference dinner which I know a lot of people are looking forward to at Dynamic Earth.

No comments: